Everyone who has even the slightest idea about dental hygiene and oral health knows that flossing teeth is an essential part of oral care. If you have always wanted to know how to properly floss your teeth and care for your mouth, then the answers are mentioned right here.
- You should start by breaking off 18 inches of floss and then wind it around one of your middle fingers. Then you should wind the other end on the same finger of the other hand.
- The next step is to hold the floss tightly between the forefingers and thumbs and guide it between the teeth by making use of a gentle rubbing motion.
- When the floss is near the gum line, you should curve it into a C shape, put it against one tooth and slide it between the gum and tooth.
- Rub the side of the targeted tooth and move the floss up and down slowly.
- Repeat all the steps until all the teeth are clean and throw the floss away. Use floss only one time to avoid bacteria or worse, infections.
Now that you know how to floss properly, you should remember the following tips on how to care for your mouth:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste and a gentle toothbrush for best results.
- Eat a well-balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol as they might compromise the oral health.
- Visit a dentist regularly for thorough cleanings and examinations.
- Drink a lot of water every day.
- Avoid sugar-laden foods and processed foods.
- Make sure that your diet provides you with enough calcium and vitamin D.
- Avoid doing experiments like teeth whitening at home or other remedies without the recommendation of a dentist.